Harandi Museum, garden and its building are the beautiful and wonderful building of recent period that obtained its historical value since Reza shah Pahlavi stopped there in his last exile. It was founded by Abdol Alsotan.
Hidden behind high walls just off the main Beheshti strip, the mansion in this peaceful garden was once the Kerman governor’s residence and now houses the small but well explained Archaeology Museum and Traditional Musical Instruments Museum. Built in 1911, the building was later bought by progressive businessman Abol Ghasem Harandi, who brought electricity to Kerman. On his death Harandi bequeathed the garden to the city. The upstairs Archaeology Museum displays clay, glass and metal artefacts found near Jiroft and Shahdad, while downstairs is an impressive array of musical instruments.